Monday, March 1, 2010

On my way...maybe

I'm enroute to Washington, DC. Well, at least that is the plan. I haven't left Saint John yet. My flight has been delayed for the 3rd time due to weather. I can claim to predict the future: I miss my connection in Halifax.

Being somewhat of a local celebrity as one of The Girls, I'm well taken care of. I get to enjoy the VIP lounge of getting the table and chairs closest to the TV and outlets.

The staff here have been so wonderful; taking the initiative of researching weather and seats in Halifax and discovering that if I follow that route I won't make it to my destination today. The lovely ladies have booked me now through Montreal.

So unless the weather does not improve, my 7:10 flight is now at 11:45. Here I sit in the Saint John airport 30 minutes away from home enjoying a perfectly toasted bagel, a steaming cup of coffee, and taking advantage of the wireless internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment