Thursday, June 17, 2010

Superhero

Faster than a speeding bullet
You are everywhere
Always with me

Through atomkinesis
I almost hear your voice
A whisper over storm

A pryokinetic ghost rider
What you sow is ablaze
Through cracked clay of your making

The empathic watcher
Vitakinetic
All is well

Resurrected
Spawn new life in me




This is in response to Sunday Scribblings' post of Superhero and ABC Wednesday's letter V. I'm not sure about this one. It may be too abstract, too out of the context of what is going on in my mind. Maybe some tweaking is in order....We'll see.



Electrical storm and fireball captured on camera © Phil Bland

8 comments:

  1. nah. i like it...and i get what you are saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead and tweak it if you like, but I like it the way it is. We don't need to know everything going on in your head to appreciate the words of the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not so sure,
    but at time being abstract is fun...
    we love fictions...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It reminds me of my childhood where I love those superheros, eagerly hoping to be one of them!!! nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your note at the end, it occurred to me that the reason I like this poem so much is because of its abstract mystery and subtle nuance. This is a wonderful piece of poetry :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody! Maybe I will keep it just as is then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, great V word, too.

    On behalf of ABC Wednesday, thank you! - ROG

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/07/pinks-in-6-words-i-wish-u-award-winning.html

    6 awards,
    pick anything you like,
    enjoy!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete