Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wanted: More Gumption

Today is one of those days where I just feel restless. I feel stuck and cautious. There are so many more adventures I want to experience and multiple excuses as to why I haven't yet. Don't get me wrong, I feel blessed by the ones I have had so far. I'm just feeling like in this moment, I'm standing still.

Lately, my excuse has been time, the lack of. It's true: I do need more hours. But it is just an excuse.

I want to write a fiction novel, a book of poetry (lyrics). I want to continue to see the world; every nook and cranny. I once dreamed of living on a catamaran or on a tropical island....

This week I've stumbled across two really interesting blogs. Two women. Both youthful although there is a large age difference between the two (16 and 88). Both adventurous and taking their lives by storm.

Abby is attempting to be the youngest solo circumnavigator. This January, at 16, she began sailing solo around the world. At first I was shocked; she's so young to be traveling on a sailboat around the world solo! But then admiration set in. Good for her! Life is too short to sit still.

Granny Smith shares her travel and adventure stories on her blog. I recently read captivating posts about some extreme folk art she stumbled upon while on a walk and one about some of her time spent in Kenya.

I want to be more like these ladies. I want more of this in my life!

As I said in an earlier post: "I'm not slowing down". I'm looking forward, moving ahead. Gumption is on my horizon again.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes you can find adventure in the most unlikely of places. It doesn't always require traveling around the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. Like learning something new. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...
    be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
    or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
    you're off to Great Places!
    Today is your day!
    Your mountain is waiting.
    So...get on your way!

    http://homepages.ius.edu/harrisla/places.htm

    ReplyDelete